New trends in office chairs traditionally focus on modern materials and designs - and 2013 has proved to be no different.
Designer office chairs, mesh chairs, and task chairs offering a greater range of uses have proved popular through the first half of the year, according to a leading industry expert.
Businesses looking to maximise style and durability, while an uncertain economic climate keeps budgets tight, have looked towards matching ranges of modern office chairs – pairing visitor chairs without those used by employees at their desks and conference and meeting room chairs.
According to Paul Margolis, managing director of Margolis Office Interiors, aluminium or chrome features are increasingly in vogue, adding a sleek, contemporary edge to design-led office chairs.
"While modern styles such as mesh chairs are popular the fundamentals of good chair design remain the critical factor," said Mr Margolis.
"People spend such time sitting at their desks it’s vital they provide adequate comfort and support to help prevent discomfort. Modern designs are popular because they look good, tick the comfort box by being adjustable to suit all heights and body shapes.
"There has also been a growth in chairs that are multi-functional and can be used to fulfil several different tasks about the workplace."
Margolis Furniture has responded to the demand for adaptable chairs with the introduction of the Donna Chair amongst its range.
The Donna Chair's arms, a high-supporting back, swivel function and wheels make it suitable for a range desk-bound office tasks. However, the Donna Chair's unique design means it can be bent, shaped, and folded into more than a dozen different positions enabling users to lean back to think creatively or stretch out with a laptop or tablet computer.
Note to Editors
1. Margolis Office Interiors is London’s oldest established complete office furnishers.
2. The family-run firm was founded in 1911 by the great grandfather of current managing director Paul Margolis.
3. Margolis Office Interiors moved to its current central London showroom location in Euston Road in 1963. Margolis Office Interiors remains one of the UK's largest office furniture suppliers.
4. Customers include Harrods, Easynet, MediaCom, ChildLine, BMJ, CMC, Innocence, Tigi Hair care and Radisson Edwardian Hotel Group.
- Margolis Office Interiors Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 020 7387 8217
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Toyota Mirai to be on display at Pro Driver Live 2015
- Top 5 reasons why you should choose underfloor heating
- MJ Experia Marketing: Winner of ‘Business Owner of the Year 2015’ receives new BMW Convertible
- Imperyo reveals how Fantasy Football skills can be an advantage in business
- Miller Homes set to create new community in Telford