Oxford-based Wrappers surveyed its customers in August and found there is almost universal acceptance that using a face covering (as distinct from medical personal protection equipment), provides some protection and just more than half of face mask users (56 per cent) rate their covering as somewhat effective. Only 3 per cent of respondents rated their covering as extremely effective.
There were mixed views on how effective a cloth mask is without a filter. Almost one in three (30 per cent) considered it would be very effective, and half thought it somewhat effective. This is despite repeated research findings showing a non-woven layer, or filter, adds to the effectiveness of a cloth covering.
Finding a practical, easy-to-use cloth mask with filters could be the explanation why the majority of users are ambivalent about a non-woven layer.
Only one in 10 said it was easy to find a cloth mask with a practical option for using a filter and almost a third said it was difficult.
Wrappers asked customers how innovative a face mask would be that was easy to use with everyday household filters. More than half (57 per cent) of respondents said it would be very or extremely innovative.
The majority of respondents said they would replace the face covering they were using, with almost half (47 per cent) very likely or extremely likely to replace it. This reflects the fact that users are at best ambivalent about the effectiveness of what they are using.
Responding to the on-going need for face coverings and that wearing them for longer periods may become the norm, Wrappers new range can be worn with Wrappers Alcantara ear saver. The soft suede band sits on the back of the head and takes pressure off the ears. Masks open along the top. This makes a pocket that is wide enough to easily add a fresh non-woven filter with each use. The mask is reversible to match your mood and clothes, seamless and smooth on both sides for wearing against the skin.
Using commonly found household materials like paper towel, which has a structure similar to paper medical masks, adds virtually no cost to daily use and Wrappers has priced its coverings as not for profit, to cover materials and hand making in the UK.
Wrappers face coverings can be hand or machine washed at up to 60°C. They are fully reversible with a choice of plain and patterned finely woven cottons and have an enclosed nose wire. Customers can select from three adult sizes - ladies and teens, ladies large and mens - and three ear elastic options.
Commenting on the new range, Wrappers Selina Howells said: "No one face mask will be perfect for everyone but Wrappers has the advantage of making its products to order. It can offer more options on the two most important aspects - fit and comfort - than mass-produced masks.
Orders take three to five days to process plus shipping. Wrappers face masks are a non-medical product and are not a substitute for social distancing and hand hygiene. Due to the personal nature of the product, sales are non-returnable. To order visit Wrappers website at wrappersuk.com.
For images and review samples, please contact email@example.com
About Wrapppers: Oxford-based designer/makers of the original Alcantara slip-case for iPhone. Best iPhone cases MacWorld. Eco stone washed linen and 100 per cent wool sleeves for MacBook and iPad. As seen:
- Wrappers is a UK outfit that offers unique solutions from their .RECYCLED line—limited edition products made from locally sourced fabrics—to luxurious Alcantara sleeves constructed from the Italian super-fabric that also graces Formula One seat covers and the ear pads of high-end headphones. Dave Banks, Geek Dad
- Unique cases ... fits over an iPad and its Smart Cover. This is a solution for those who want to keep the Apple Smart Cover, but need a little extra protection during a commute. Nick Bilton, New York Times
- Eight exciting iPad cases - a colorful sleeve, protects the iPad with foam padding and elastic corner ties, eliminating bulk and adding to the iPad's already-classy composition. Josh Rubin, Cool Hunting
- Top Ten iPad cases Wrappers wool cashmere pinstripe mix. Luke Leitch, The Times
- Contact Name:
- Debbie Davies
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- fashion / beauty fashion / beauty feed
- financial services financial services feed
- government government feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- legal affairs legal affairs feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- industry industry feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed