Denise O’Leary and her team at Purpol Marketing have won the title of South West Business of the Year 2018.
Denise joined inspirational businesses, charities and individuals from across the South West last week (Jan 18) to celebrate the inaugural South West Business and Community Awards held in Swindon.
The aim of the awards, organised by Alec Jones-Hall and Allison Dodd, was to recognise businesses, charities and individuals which have made an outstanding contribution within the region.
Winners were chosen by a panel of judges including entrepreneur James Phipps, Julianne Ponan, founder of Creative Nature and The Guardians ‘Business Leader of the Year’ award winner and Anita Jaynes, managing editor of The Business Exchange magazine.
The Business of the Year Award is a significant win for Denise who started Purpol Marketing in 2014 in order to help companies, SMEs in particular, leverage marketing expertise and win £100m+ projects.
The team at Purpol brings more than 30 years’ of experience and insight to their clients and has grown from Denise’s self-funded start up to a successful business that now employs five people which has also provided seven internships and four work placements.
Denise said: “It is an absolute honour to have won especially when every shortlisted nominee was worthy of consideration. We are so passionate about helping SMEs develop their marketing and pitch for projects, so to have the hard work of the team recognised is amazing!
“Our commitment to providing valuable internships and work placements for university and college students was commended by the judges and is something I am very proud to be able to offer.
“Despite being a home-based SME, we have been able to offer work experience opportunities to the next generation by utilising cloud technologies and our online Magnificent Marketing course. It proves you do not need to be a huge company with a big office to provide young people with meaningful training opportunities.”
Purpol Marketing supports SMEs with business strategy, bid management and PQQs, marketing audit, analysis and customer relationship management. For further information visit http://purpolmarketing.co.uk
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 07789 270030
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- education / training education / training feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- financial services financial services feed
- government government feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- women's interest women's interest feed