Reading’s first self-serve beer wall opened this week at The Queen’s Head pub, to coincide with the pub’s newly refurbished courtyard space. The innovative dispense system allows the pub’s customers to pour their own craft beers and keeps track of how much each customer has poured.
The Queen’s Head is owned by Andy Becalick who said “Having a self-serve beer system is unique around Reading. I wanted to present our craft beer offering in a different way, the customer reaction has been fantastic so far.”
The system allows credit to be purchased onto a key fob and then customers pour fresh, cold beers at their own pace using the seven available self-pour taps. Touch screens at each tap helps the customer keep track of credit remaining. A control screen behind the bar allows bar staff to add credit and monitor the usage of the beer taps.
The Queen’s Head chose Drink Command as the supplier for the system.
“The installation process with Drink Command was very quick and very professional. I hope my competitors don’t install these systems but it’s probably inevitable once the word gets out,” said Becalick.
Drink Command provide self-serve beer technology globally, with installations in 23 countries and NMO certification in the UK.
Drink Command CEO Robbie Ward said “The stunning new courtyard at The Queen’s Head is the perfect location for self-pour beer. It underlines the trend we are seeing in bars throughout the UK in terms of dispense tap innovation, particularly in outdoor spaces.”
About The Queens Head:
The Queen’s Head is part of The Reading Pub Company, a group of three bars in Reading. The gastro pub specialises in South East Asian dishes, with art and furniture purchased by the owner on his travels throughout Thailand and Indonesia. A newly expanded courtyard space includes the pub’s seven tap self-serve beer wall, outdoor and indoor seating and a BBQ area.
About Drink Command:
Drink Command are a London, UK supplier of self-serve draft beer systems worldwide. The company supplies fixed line and fully mobile systems to markets including bars, hotels, stadiums, festival and event companies. In the UK, Drink Command products are certified by NMO and available for immediate installation nationwide.
- Contact Name:
- Robbie Ward
- Drink Command Ltd
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- business / economics business / economics feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed