London, United Kingdom – 2013, May – For many, there’s nothing better than the thrill of an outdoor adventure. Unfortunately, along with every adventure, there exists an inherent risk that something could go terribly wrong. Even the best laid plans can go awry, and when they do, having a satellite phone may mean the difference between life and death.
To this end, the makers of SATcase™ have designed a revolutionary device capable of transforming a common Android smartphone into a lifesaving satellite phone. The transformation is seamless: after placing one’s smartphone inside a durable, rugged case, users simply install the SATcase™ application. The resulting device runs on a familiar operating system that is now loaded with cutting-edge technology able to assist those in extreme emergency conditions.
The new smartphone case is targeted towards adventure-seekers, hikers, sailors and aviators, the military and the oil and gas industry, to name a few potential clients - this innovative personal rescue/health and safety device promises to be one of the most exciting developments coming on to the market in 2013.
In 2012, U.K. Search and Rescue (SAR) carried out approximately 1,761 callout missions. During an emergency, time is a luxury most can ill-afford. The chances for survival decrease dramatically as time continues to pass, but for those who are lucky enough to be carrying a SATcase™, the device contains a 406 beacon that can help SAR teams locate people quickly and accurately.
Col. Benjamin C. Wash, USAF Former Commander, Air Force Rescue Coord. Center Langley AFB, Virginia, has said, "Having a (registered) 406 beacon tremendously increases your chances of survival. It accelerates the rescue process so we do not have to search as long for you, and can instead concentrate on retrieving you. A 406 beacon is a wise investment." In fact, the COSPAS-SARSAT system, which is used to locate a 406 beacon, has been responsible for saving over 31,000 lives worldwide.
Besides containing the life-saving 406 beacon, the device is also capable of reaching frequencies that can be utilised by SAR teams searching by land, air and water. Much of the technology built into the unit is something that was previously available only to the military and professionals such as commercial pilots and ship’s captains, but now outdoor enthusiasts, human-aid workers, private pilots and military operatives alike can take advantage of this simple yet intuitive system.
Company founder, Jim Thomson, stated, "We are extremely proud to introduce SATcase™ to the market. This is a vital piece of advanced technology that will help save the lives of people all over the world. The practical applications of our system are also impressive. Users can maintain cellular communications no matter where they are on earth, and unlike traditional satellite phones, there’s no need to carry multiple units because our device serves multiple purposes. Additionally, it’s compact enough to fit into a coat pocket or purse."
-- END --
You have full permission to rewrite this article and feature it online/offline. For photography, high-res images, or interviews - please contact using the details below.
Contact Name and Position:
Telephone: +44 (0) 117 230 0314
Information About the Business:
Press Kit with images and more information can be found at www.satcase.com/press
“From Local to global in One Click!”
“Smart Communications … Everywhere.”
Related press releases
- The News Impact Summit on Panama Papers, Trolls and Bots to be held on 12 May in London
- Course price quotations for international students
- MJ Experia Marketing Thrilled as Birmingham Leads Entrepreneurial Cities List
- Cruise1st UK launches dedicated TV cruise channel
- Are you ready to take on entrepreneurship full time? Asks Jessie Hughes of Altitude Acquisitions
- business / economics business / economics feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- defence defence feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- government government feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- retail trade retail trade feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed