Pupils at Hafod y Wern Community Primary School in Wrexham will be going traditional on Wednesday 7th as part of LACA’s (formerly the Local Authority Caterers Association) National School Meals Week (NSMW). Pupils will be dressing up in Welsh costumes and tucking into the King of Roasts with all the trimmings at lunch time. The day is generously supported by Bernard Matthews Foodservice who has provided educational worksheets, posters, decorations for the dining hall and other materials to promote a traditional favourite the turkey roast.
Pauline Lodge, Primary School Meals support officer service in Wrexham, said, "We are really pleased that the NSMW Tour has come to Wrexham. This is the first time we have been selected. We will be putting lots of fun into the day and I am sure the children will not only enjoy the day but they will learn a great deal about Welsh traditions and have one of their favourite meals."
Chris Walkden, National Account Manager – Foodservice, said, "The days when I go into schools give me a huge amount of pleasure and job satisfaction. The happy smiling young faces as they tuck into a Turkey roast are a joy to see and it is great to know they are having a very lean and delicious meat with turkey breast being low in saturated fat. With the extra worksheets we have provided the pupils are learning about what they are eating and why, in this way lunch time is now a learning experience."
Throughout NSMW pupils will get to enjoy themed menus and fun activities starting with a Firework Day promotion on Monday. On Tuesday the theme is Get Celebrating where pupils will enjoy a party atmosphere to celebrate today’s school meals. There’s chance to try food from around the world on Thursday as pupils can Get Exploring. School meals are famous for their desserts and on Friday pupils are being encouraged to Get Pudding.
NSMW has been run by LACA since 1993 and encourages young people to have a healthy school meal. Last year it was estimated that 20,000 schools took part. You can find out more about the week at www.iloveschoolmeals.co.uk.
- Contact Name:
- Arnold Fewell
- Managing Director
- AVF Marketing
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01609 775686
Related press releases
- Are you ready to take on entrepreneurship full time? Asks Jessie Hughes of Altitude Acquisitions
- Bright Horizons secures RoSPA Gold Award for 5th consecutive year
- Bright Horizons recognised as one of UK’s Best Workplaces for 11th year
- Iconic Event Strategies travels to London to meet industry's rising stars
- 'Focus on building relationships on your entrepreneurial journey', claims Concilio Solutions
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- education / training education / training feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- government government feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed