Artist development and promotion specialist, Recognition, based in East London, have developed a unique platform in which to showcase the real Twitter buzz around artists performing at this year’s V Festival taking place at Hylands Park and Weston Park on 17th & 18th August.
Developed unofficially, the platform uses a bespoke algorithm that detects when an artist or band is mentioned in relation to the festival, and updates their buzz position accordingly. The platform has been designed as a traditional festival poster, and artists playing at the festival are ordered on the bill based on the level of buzz around them on twitter.
Whether a festival goer, an artist manager, record label or journalist, you will be able to see clearly who everyone is talking about. Discover if the headliners are the most popular acts of the day or look in detail at the hot new band causing a stir on the Futures Stage. Viewing tweets, as and when they happen on a live stream, you can also dig deeper by selecting an artist or band to see their buzz over time on a designated artist profile page.
The platform will go live ahead of the festival and will track who the real headline acts are according to the fans on Twitter.
- In Summary – Recognitions’ unofficial Buzz Tracker for Virgin Festival 2013 is designed to give you the REAL insight into the most popular and talked about acts across the whole weekend. Watch as our live poster automatically updates to reflect who is getting the most buzz across twitter as it happens from both festival sites, stages and genres.
- Quote from Recognition - “We decided to build this twitter tracker around V Festival as we felt there was an opportunity to showcase the impact of social media interaction in a universally engaging way. Online data is becoming more and more prevalent for a band or artists’ future development, so we wanted to highlight the importance of harnessing this and give a real insight to the impact of performing at such a diverse and large scale event. We hope the information we gain from this will give us and the music industry greater understanding of how to capture and utilise data that music fans are sharing with each other every second of every day. “
- The site is now live and will be accessible via the following URL http://vfestbuzz.com for the duration of the festival.
- Recognition was started in 2012 by Tom Jordan to better represent, grow, monetise and protect artists in the digital world
- Recognition London is, CEO Tom Jordan & Artist manager Ed Hill www.recognitionlondon.com
- Recognition Twitter Handle - @RecognitionLDN
- For further information please contact email@example.com 020 7655 6553 or 07875 046 026
Related press releases
- Legacy Elite review plans to revive sheffield's empty buildings
- Gumball Promotions look at what businesses can learn from sport
- Where innovation meets opportunity
- Flourish: New Technology Facilitates One-to-One Coaching and Executive Development
- New online store encourages shoppers to stop thinking in terms of 'buy cheap, replace'
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed