Setting new standards for data roaming: Get global internet access at the cost of a frappuccino with Goodspeed mobile Wi-Fi service
Since its launch in September 2012, the Goodspeed mobile Wi-Fi service has gone through a major transformation from a European service provider to a global player that provides busy travellers with wireless internet access at the cost of a frappuccino.
Oulu, Finland, June 26th, 2014 - Goodspeed mobile broadband was launched with a handful of destinations in 2012. In May 2013 Goodspeed covered 9% of the earth’s landmass; now the service covers 56% of the globe. The Goodspeed service is available today in 60 key business destinations across the globe, including the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Russia, China and Europe.
From the very beginning Goodspeed has offered generous data allowances to travellers who need their wireless internet connection to work as seamlessly abroad as it does at home – at reasonable prices. Although the data prices within the European Union will be cut again as of July 1st to €0.20 (or £16p) per Megabyte, the cost of roaming still remains high for those who depend on staying connected to get things done. Goodspeed has long since set its own standards for connectivity costs by offering high-speed internet connection with data rates starting at €0.006 per Megabyte. The same applies also outside the European Union. The daily data allowance of 500-1000MB, is available at the cost of a frappuccino, from €5.90.
For Goodspeed and its customers the year 2014 has already brought positive changes – and not only in terms of savings or service coverage. This spring a new version of the Goodspeed hotspot software was released, which further enhances the usability aspects of the service. The Goodspeed hotspot that enables the service is not only faster to connect and easier to use but also more informative and visually appealing.
Watch a video clip about accessing internet when on the road using the Goodspeed mobile hotspot.
UK media contact for Uros Ltd:
Nick Renshaw, XL Communications
+44 (0) 7866 567 179
Uros Ltd is the provider of Goodspeed, a revolutionary solution for international Internet access. The company is headquartered in Oulu, Finland and built of a seasoned and experienced team of mobile professionals. Since the launch of Goodspeed in the autumn of 2012, Uros has rapidly expanded the service to cover Europe, U.S., Canada, Latin America, Russia, Asia and Australia with plans to expand the coverage even further. For more information on Uros and Goodspeed visit www.getgoodspeed.com.
- Contact Name:
- Nick Renshaw
- XL Communcations
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- Pro UK Consultants reveals everything you need to know about entrepreneurial mindset
- Mazonai Reveal the 2016 Recipe for Success
- Business owners gather in Dublin for leadership seminar hosted by entrepreneur Josh Cote
- Edinburgh Leadership Seminar hosted by Josh Cote motivates UK’s leading entrepreneurs
- Heat Treatment and Hard Coatings Services: The Wallwork Group at MACH 2016, NEC, Stand 4685B
- business / economics business / economics feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- financial services financial services feed
- government government feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed