Over the past 22 years, through Operation Christmas Child, Samaritan's Purse has delivered 94 million shoeboxes to needy children in over 100 countries.
Shoe Zone are doing their part yet again this year to help the charity lift this total to 100 million and beyond this Christmas, by acting as drop-off points at many of their shoe shops across the country.
"Over the past 4 years we've helped collect over 40,000 shoeboxes at our outlets nationwide. This year we're delighted to say that our stores will be helping Operation Christmas Child reach this amazing achievement to help impact millions of lives" said Shoe Zone owner, Charles Smith.
Samaritan's Purse UK executive Director Simon Barrington believes the partnership is a perfect fit;
"For a campaign like Operation Christmas Child, which fills shoeboxes with gifts for needy children around the world to have a partner like Shoe Zone with their hundreds of shoe shops up and down the country is like a dream come true. The synergy between both of us is very obvious and they've been great partners in supporting us through their staff and shops in helping us deliver our 100 millionth shoebox this year."
As well as acting as drop-off points Shoe Zone stores are also providing empty shoeboxes for donors to fill and are promoting the campaign in store.
About Shoe Zone
Shoe Zone, the leading value footwear retailer, sells a vast range of shoes for all ages. With over 550 stores across the UK, Shoe Zone sells over 25 million pairs of shoes a year, equivalent to 50 pairs every minute!
Visit Shoe Zone at www.shoezone.com
Follow Shoe Zone on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest
Shoe Zone is also on PR Shots
- Shoe Zone Ltd
Related press releases
- BellaVista Promotions: Entrepreneurs share a vital trait with turtles
- JK Lasers exhibits at ILAS 2015 - The Industrial Laser Applications Symposium, Chesford Grange, Kenilworth, UK
- Winner Casino expands game collection and improves mobile app
- Sticks and Stones: Call for parents to warn children about the risks of playing on derelict sites
- Eyes wide shut: Call for greater transparent communications to deter and prevent more phone hacking and tax evasion scandals
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- fashion / beauty fashion / beauty feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- retail trade retail trade feed