Microadventures are the latest outdoor trend, encouraging people to make the most of their time by taking a quick break – without needing to take time off work. This can be done either at weekends or midweek between work hours, leaving for your destination after a day’s work and being back in time for your next working day. Microadventures can provide an escape from pressures of everyday life, or a sense of achievement from completing an outdoor challenge.
- Decide how long you will be away for and what you want to do. Spend some time researching local areas, or areas of particular interest. If you have two or three days you may want to go further afield. Where time is precious explore closer to home – there are usually places on your door step that you haven’t discovered.
- Consider what you hope to achieve – are you looking to try out a particular activity, explore a new area or just have some time away from it all. If you have work the next day, ensure that your plans are manageable within your time limit.
- Check the route for possible places to sleep. Consider if there are quieter areas, or hilly areas that may offer a great view of the surrounding area – particularly at sunrise.
- There are many lightweight tents that are ideal for use on microadventures. If you want to experience nature to the full, you may wish to consider a bivi bag and tarp rather than a tent. A range of lightweight tents can be found at http://www.wild-country.co.uk.
- Travel light - only pack the bare essentials for the trip, at the minimum you’ll need a sleeping bag, sleeping mat, warm and waterproof clothes, a map, a torch, food and water, lightweight stove and first aid kit. It is also advisable to take a waterproof bag, or a bin bag as a cheap alternative, to keep belongings dry.
- You may wish to add a few more luxuries if weight is not a concern. For any hiking or mountainous trips it is wise to take additional items such as an emergency whistle, compass, space blanket or emergency shelter and a knife or multi-tool.
- Check the weather before you leave, if there are weather warnings in place, it may be wise to postpone your trip or to pack accordingly.
- Make sure you tell somebody where you are going and when you hope to get back.
- Enjoy your microadventure to the fullest – whilst staying safe.
- Share your story and any photos or videos. If you are planning to have frequent microadventures, you may want to do this by creating a blog. Let us know about your adventure on Twitter @TerraNovaEquip using #Microadventure.
Notes To Editors
Terra Nova has a long heritage and has been producing some of the world’s best outdoor gear for over 20 years. Terra Nova products are tried and tested in both the company own labs and in the most extreme environments across the planet. Terra Nova’s ‘Best in Class’ design ethos drives an ambition to utilise and develop some of the best parts and materials available, resulting in award winning products that are used by people who push them to the limits. Terra Nova’s tents hold multiple Guinness World Records, and the company is considered to be the brand of choice for most outdoor professionals across the world.
Wild Country camping products from Terra Nova Equipment are designed for customers seeking the perfect combination of reliability, simplicity of use and great value. Taking some of the design and quality standards from the Terra Nova range, Wild Country products offer the perfect balance between affordability and quality. Used by everyone from the serious outdoor enthusiasts, to novice and family campers, Wild Country products allow anyone to escape and enjoy the great outdoors.
Press release issued by Shepherd PR. For further information please contact Jane Shepherd on 01335 368 020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Name:
- Sarah Jayne
- Shepherd PR
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01335 368020
Related press releases
- Another reason for British tennis’ number six to smile (thanks to his Invisalign treatment)
- TDWI BI Symposium, 7-9 September 2015, London
- Roger Michael will reboot his infamous night I AM ROCKSTAR TUESDAYS in association with Herve Leger and Boujis Lawn Tennis Club Season
- Oxford University Graduate launches world's first chivalrous dating website
- Streamline Promotions Ltd’s 3 simple steps to creating a brand people will love