The UK’s only tour operator specialising in bespoke travel to eSwatini (formerly Swaziland) is featured in the December edition of travel guide specialist Lonely Planet.
Jenny Bowen (50) who has run her business Sense Africa for well over a decade has spent a life time living between her home near Bristol and Africa after falling in love with the lifestyle, culture and people after attending university.
A passionate conservationist, she recently hosted Lonely Planet’s group editor Peter Grunert on a trip to eSwatini supported by the country’s Tourism Authority. This resulted in a 12-page feature on the country and what it has to offer travellers who want an experience off the mainstream tourist trail.
Jenny said: “It’s wonderful to see eSwatini featured in so much depth. It’s an undiscovered place and I am truly honoured to run the only UK tour operator which specialises in bespoke trips to the country. I’m also an ambassador for them and I travel the UK delivering talks about the kingdom and what it has to offer.”
The feature, titled ‘At The Sharp End’ showcases the Mkhaya Game Reserve as well as the Hlane Royal National Park, shows encounters with the protected white rhinos, elephants, zebra and lions. Travellers can even explore on horseback if they wish and Peter met with community development officer Nomsa Mabila at Mhlumeni Bush Camp.
Sense Africa can offer a range of packages including an eight night itinerary for around £1,600pp (excluding flights) and can even set up a 12 night self-drive trip from £2,450pp (including car hire, excluding flights).
Jenny has also recently launched, with business partner Marc Reading, Sense India and will be offering similar off-the-beaten-track experiences.
For more information on Sense Africa visit https://www.senseafrica.co.uk
For more information on eSwatini visit http://www.thekingdomofeswatini.com
For more information on Lonely Planet visit https://www.lonelyplanet.com
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- business / economics business / economics feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- education / training education / training feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- events / exhibitions events / exhibitions feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed