Ensuring product safety is the number one priority for any food or pharmaceutical company, and a key aspect of this is avoiding contamination during production. Equipment design and manufacture play a key role in achieving this, and the metering feeders used for processes such as powder dosing and filing are no exception.
When it comes to quality, you generally get what you pay for. If a quotation for a new screw feeder seems to be much lower than others, be sure to check the specification, particularly the materials that are being used. Not only is the quality of materials important (such as the use of stainless steel), but so too is the quality of production. For this reason, the feeders need to be modular and robust in design.
The type of screw feeder and its design capacity will determine the number of components. At some point during the design process, the feeders will need to be supported by add on components that prevent product contamination. In terms of design, there are methods in place to prevent cross-contamination. The feeders are equipped with metal detectable blue silicone elastomers which can also be custom made to meet customer requirements.
Since the issue of product contamination takes centre stage, it is important to regularly clean, inspect and maintain the screw feeder equipment. Trantec’s feeders consist of easy-clean features that allow even the most novice operators to strip and clean the entire machine within five minutes quickly.
For more information about Trantec’s screw feeders, call 01282 777566 or visit www.tranec.net
- Contact Name:
- Imran Hanif
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- 01282 777566
- agriculture / rural affairs agriculture / rural affairs feed
- animals animals feed
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- construction / property construction / property feed
- consumer goods consumer goods feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- current affairs current affairs feed
- design / architecture design / architecture feed
- employment / industrial relations employment / industrial relations feed
- food / drink food / drink feed
- health / medical / fitness health / medical / fitness feed
- legal affairs legal affairs feed
- industry industry feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- books / publications books / publications feed