Travel expert Jenny Bowen who has been organising and leading bespoke, tailormade holidays to Africa for 14 years, has launched into India.
Working with fellow travel expert Marc Reading, Jenny has created Sense India and is now offering wildlife and cultural experiences for guests from 2020. She has brought her expertise to bear to create once-in-a-lifetime holidays for wildlife enthusiasts, first time visitors and groups.
Jenny, who has had a life-long passion for travel and outdoor experiences, will work with Marc and Indian travel expert, Varun Mathur to create holidays where visitors can see the wildlife of India including tigers, leopards, snow leopard, lions, elephant, water buffalo, rhino, four species of bear and many other wild animals and birds.
“India is home to ten per cent of the world’s species,” Jenny said. “It’s almost impossible to comprehend the diversity of wildlife and culture in this amazing country. This is an exciting new opportunity for me and my business and also working with Marc. Our first group trip is planned for January 2020.”
Jenny (aged 50), who lives in Clevedon near Bristol, has been running her own company Sense Africa for 14 years and has divided her time between her UK home and Africa, particularly Botswana, Namibia and Eswatini (formerly Swaziland). From 2020, Marc and Jenny will be accompanying travellers on bespoke and group tours in India as well as creating tailor made holidays for those who wish to explore India on their own terms.
Marc (59) left his home in South Wales over 40 years ago and has been travelling and living abroad ever since. He was one of the first to set up a white-water rafting company in Africa and has worked globally helping bespoke travel companies attract customers. He then moved to Somerset in 2006 with his family and has been involved with tourism in India since the 1990s.
“India is a land of wonders and paradoxes,” Marc said. “Many might think of it as a country where you will get sick, it’s very dirty and the food is terrible. That’s not what India is at all.
“While there is abject poverty – as in many places across Asia and Africa – it also has more millionaires than anywhere else in the world, it has its own space programme and it’s a country which is both exhilarating and full of madness.
“It’s unlike anywhere else in the world. From the minute you arrive, it’s full of colour and noise and it challenges your senses.
“We will be offering safaris of all kinds. One will involve searching for the snow leopard which will be off the beaten track, it will be a high altitude and will involve camping or staying in homesteads with local people."
Upcoming group holidays include:
- January 2020 – An Indian Art Affair
- March 2020 – Tiger & Red Panda Safari
- April 2020 – Red Panda & Sloth Safari
- February 2021 – Wildlife & Cultural Wonders Experience
- November 2021 – Snow Leopards and Brown Bears Safari.
“However we don’t just offer group holidays,” Jenny said. “We’ll build a bespoke itinerary for anyone interested in visiting India from an individual, to a couple, to family or a group of friends. They can walk, cycle or travel by boat, plane or train, the opportunities are endless and will suit anyone of all ages.”
- Contact Name:
- Fiona Scott
- Fiona Scott Media Consultanccy
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- Company Website:
- More Details:
- animals animals feed
- arts / entertainment arts / entertainment feed
- business / economics business / economics feed
- charity / voluntary sector charity / voluntary sector feed
- children / youth children / youth feed
- consumer affairs / relations consumer affairs / relations feed
- education / training education / training feed
- environment / conservation environment / conservation feed
- home / family / garden home / family / garden feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- men's interest men's interest feed
- motoring / motorcycling motoring / motorcycling feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- transport / logistics transport / logistics feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed
- women's interest women's interest feed
- weddings weddings feed