A study by eMarketers revealed that approximately 79 percent of tourists take and use their smartphones as they travel; consequently, the marketing for local businesses on a destination-based travel application has the potential to bring customers right to their doorstep. Since there are millions of smartphone users accessing mobile markets daily, companies cannot afford to ignore travel-related applications as a means to attract new customers.
When asked how she how she viewed the potential of the Sibenik Guide, Katarina Lilic, Sales and Marketing Director at Solaris Hotel, stated, "By focusing on a destination as opposed to focusing on our hotel, we sought to provide our potential guests with richer and more useful content. We also wanted to help stakeholders in the local travel industry reach out to visitors; we knew this would be to the benefit of us all."
Whilst studies indicate that travellers are using their mobile phones to help plan and book their holidays, many businesses have yet to utilise mobile technology as a means to generate income. Those in the travel industry have a unique opportunity to create branding and marketing opportunities by taking advantage of the ever-growing mobile market.
Solaris Beach Resort
Katarina Lilic, Sales and Marketing Director
+385 22 361 708
- Contact Name:
- Katarina Lilic
- sales and Marketing Director
- Solaris Beach Resort
- Contact Email:
- click to reveal e-mail
- Contact Phone:
- +385 22 361 708
- Company Website:
Related press releases
- After ten years of financial scandals, can we still learn from Enron?
- Blue Branch hosts motivational workshop on 'Possibilities'
- Mazonai relocates head office to Watford following rapid growth
- Visionary Advertising Provide Their Tips on Public Speaking
- Gray Industries Announce Ways to Stand Out from the Pack in Industry Settings
- business / economics business / economics feed
- it / internet / software it / internet / software feed
- lifestyle lifestyle feed
- media / advertising / marketing media / advertising / marketing feed
- science / technology science / technology feed
- sport / leisure / hobbies sport / leisure / hobbies feed
- telecommunications telecommunications feed
- travel / tourism travel / tourism feed