Podcasts are all the rage at the moment and for a good reason - they are easy to listen to, more intimate than a radio show and you can connect with a community of listeners like never before.
However, podcasting requires some basic equipment and skills. From buying a decent microphone to choosing an editing software, creating a new podcast may be more difficult - and costly - than it first seems.
You do not need to break your piggy bank though. Our podcast guest Mike Muncer, producer and editor of BBC’s Inside Cinema by day, horror film podcast host by night, explains how to start on a shoestring budget. Muncer also shares with you the best tips and tricks for launching a successful, quality podcast.
Want to learn more about podcasting? Join the course with a former BBC producer Jack Soper and learn all the skills needed for creating, producing and promoting a podcast.
Free daily newsletter
- Weekly journalism news update: artificial intelligence, podcast ad revenue and 'audience canvas'
- What to do before, during and after a live podcast event
- Daily news podcasts proving to be an attractive proposition for advertisers
- Six tips to improve your radio and podcast interviews
- How to get your podcast onto Spotify