In an ideal world, every piece of journalistic writing would be compelling, sharp and immersive. But in reality, it is all too easy to churn out templated stories that get hardly read past the first paragraph.
Cottrell sifts through hundreds of articles a day to whittle the stack down to just five handpicked pieces for his newsletter subscribers. This split-second decision-making is only possible thanks to his deep knowledge of what makes an article stick out, seize a reader’s attention and have real staying power.
Free daily newsletter
- Bloomberg's Work Wise newsletter curates career development content for young jobseekers
- How to host a live podcast recording to grow your audience
- Why newsrooms need to be talking about the six components of burnout
- The golden rules for compelling writing
- Mental Health Awareness Week: the warning signs of burnout in editors