Posting an article to social media means so much more than simply copying and pasting the headline of the piece into Facebook or Twitter and hoping for the likes and shares your piece undoubtedly deserves.
Many factors such as time of posting, target audience and post length, all contribute to how your work is going to be seen and interacted with.
Check out this article from Liam Corcoran at NewsWhip, which lists three important elements for crafting eye-catching headlines on social, from portraying emotion through your wording, to varying your word count.
If you're looking to up your game on social media, why not take our popular 'Social media content strategies' course? It will help you discover what makes people click and share, plus what, when and where to post on social media.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story