Looking for some quick and simple ways to improve your vocal delivery for a podcast or radio bulletin?
Well, Jessica Hansen, NPR’s in-house voice coach, has compiled 3 top tips for training your voice. These address how to make your voice energised and interesting, taking care of your vocal chords and how to sound natural when reading a script.
She suggests doing a simple, daily warm-up routine for your body, breath and voice that will help you to build a strong vocal presence. This includes pretending you are a panting chihuahua, meowing and reading your script as a cowboy.
It might be best to do these before you walk in to the newsroom…
Learn the full tips and tricks for sounding better here.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How freelancers can build rapport with an editor
- Tip: 13 lessons for journalists to create meaningful conversations
- Tip: Reporting on climate change? Here's how to do it through 360-degree video
- Tip: How to surprise your readers with an offbeat story
- Tip: Check out this advice for covering climate change