Let's be honest, coronavirus coverage of pandemic outbreaks, death tolls and economic damage are not cheery topics for our readers. It also does not help if we only focus on the issues.
Perhaps what your news coverage needs is some solutions journalism - rigorous reporting on responses to problems.
Now you can have little excuse not to, as the Solutions Journalism Network has gathered a bank of solutions stories which are entirely free and legally sound to republish under the Creative Commons licence.
Who knows? You might find a good story lead here or something interesting for your readers.
Free daily newsletter
- Six tips to make your journalism career thrive during and after lockdown
- From gloom to boom: how to leverage the 'coronabump' subscription surge
- How coronavirus is putting solutions journalism in the spotlight
- Covering covid-19 with a solutions lens: six insights from The Guardian
- How to do solutions journalism from home