If working with data is becoming a growing part of your newsgathering and storytelling process, you might feel like sometimes you need an extra hand.
Check out this article from D&AD which highlights 10 ways that journalists can turn statistics into stories.
The team spoke with Shift Design's Tori Flower, Spotify's Alex Bodman and Visualized's Maral Pourkazemi, and found out, for example, that it's important to be respectful of the numbers, as most of the time they are representing people.
Free daily newsletter
- New project Asia’s Ailing Heritage aims to make interactive virtual reality more accessible
- Tip: Check out this resource for flying drones in the United States
- 3 organisations are collaborating to find out how connected devices can influence news consumption
- Q&A: What the role 'head of digital editorial capability' means at Fairfax
- The narrative challenge: Seeing stories from a human perspective