If working with data is becoming a growing part of your newsgathering and storytelling process, you might feel like sometimes you need an extra hand.
Check out this article from D&AD which highlights 10 ways that journalists can turn statistics into stories.
The team spoke with Shift Design's Tori Flower, Spotify's Alex Bodman and Visualized's Maral Pourkazemi, and found out, for example, that it's important to be respectful of the numbers, as most of the time they are representing people.
Free daily newsletter
- Storytelling advice from Sarah Stillman of The New Yorker
- Prothom Alo is building the largest mobile journalism network in Bangladesh
- Media's focus on technology tends to be short-term, shows survey
- How to map connections between individuals, companies and more with VIS
- Tip: Bookmark these resources for planning digital initiatives in the newsroom