If working with data is becoming a growing part of your newsgathering and storytelling process, you might feel like sometimes you need an extra hand.
Check out this article from D&AD which highlights 10 ways that journalists can turn statistics into stories.
The team spoke with Shift Design's Tori Flower, Spotify's Alex Bodman and Visualized's Maral Pourkazemi, and found out, for example, that it's important to be respectful of the numbers, as most of the time they are representing people.
Free daily newsletter
- How 45 journalists started again, and built a profitable news business from scratch
- Tip: How to get started with data journalism in a small newsroom
- Applying for the Digital News Initiative Innovation Fund? Here’s Google’s advice
- Tip: How to innovate when working on your own
- A history of audio storytelling: 10 seminal moments and timeless formats