If working with data is becoming a growing part of your newsgathering and storytelling process, you might feel like sometimes you need an extra hand.
Check out this article from D&AD which highlights 10 ways that journalists can turn statistics into stories.
The team spoke with Shift Design's Tori Flower, Spotify's Alex Bodman and Visualized's Maral Pourkazemi, and found out, for example, that it's important to be respectful of the numbers, as most of the time they are representing people.
Free daily newsletter
- Taking a 'warmer approach': How Die Zeit is experimenting with its re-launched Instagram channel
- Tip: Here's how podcasts can be used to teach other journalism skills
- Martin Baron: 'There is a business case in addition to the moral case for investigative journalism'
- RISJ Digital News Report: New models emerging from the wreckage of digital disruption
- Kaleida launches The Attention Index, an open-source algorithm to measure the impact of stories