If working with data is becoming a growing part of your newsgathering and storytelling process, you might feel like sometimes you need an extra hand.
Check out this article from D&AD which highlights 10 ways that journalists can turn statistics into stories.
The team spoke with Shift Design's Tori Flower, Spotify's Alex Bodman and Visualized's Maral Pourkazemi, and found out, for example, that it's important to be respectful of the numbers, as most of the time they are representing people.
Free daily newsletter
- Google awards €20.4m to media projects in Europe as part of the fourth round of its Digital News Initiative
- How publishers can tell better stories for mobile audiences
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story
- Startups with innovative solutions for newsrooms can now apply to global programme