If working with data is becoming a growing part of your newsgathering and storytelling process, you might feel like sometimes you need an extra hand.
Check out this article from D&AD which highlights 10 ways that journalists can turn statistics into stories.
The team spoke with Shift Design's Tori Flower, Spotify's Alex Bodman and Visualized's Maral Pourkazemi, and found out, for example, that it's important to be respectful of the numbers, as most of the time they are representing people.
Free daily newsletter
- Tool for journalists: FOIA Predictor, for estimating the success rate of a Freedom of Information request in the US
- Pop-Up Newsroom aims to unlock best practices for collaboration between news organisations and technology companies
- How to use data.world to collaborate on projects and datasets
- Why political journalism is in need of new approaches and innovation
- With its new project Hertz, Prisa Radio wants to make audio more discoverable online