If working with data is becoming a growing part of your newsgathering and storytelling process, you might feel like sometimes you need an extra hand.
Check out this article from D&AD which highlights 10 ways that journalists can turn statistics into stories.
The team spoke with Shift Design's Tori Flower, Spotify's Alex Bodman and Visualized's Maral Pourkazemi, and found out, for example, that it's important to be respectful of the numbers, as most of the time they are representing people.
Free daily newsletter
- The last ten years and the next – Preparing for what's to come in journalism
- NZZ is developing an app that gives readers personalised news without creating a filter bubble
- Tip: Try these recommendations for honing your storytelling style
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is experimenting with formats for live events coverage
- On Our Radar: 3 challenges of remote storytelling