It's not only larger newsrooms who can tackle investigations or complex editorial projects. With the right mindset, planning and careful investment of resources, smaller organisations can do it too.
Trainer and author Jim Pumarlo outlines eight key points worth focusing on in this article from Inland Press Association. He advises starting a discussion early with all teams and departments who could be involved in the project, as they can bring their ideas to the table to shape the concept.
Make sure to include your readers in the process too, and take note of what went right and what could be improved next time you work on a similar project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Advice for staying safe when interviewing dangerous people
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects