It's not only larger newsrooms who can tackle investigations or complex editorial projects. With the right mindset, planning and careful investment of resources, smaller organisations can do it too.
Trainer and author Jim Pumarlo outlines eight key points worth focusing on in this article from Inland Press Association. He advises starting a discussion early with all teams and departments who could be involved in the project, as they can bring their ideas to the table to shape the concept.
Make sure to include your readers in the process too, and take note of what went right and what could be improved next time you work on a similar project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media
- Tip: Catch up with all the social media news of September with this list