It's not only larger newsrooms who can tackle investigations or complex editorial projects. With the right mindset, planning and careful investment of resources, smaller organisations can do it too.
Trainer and author Jim Pumarlo outlines eight key points worth focusing on in this article from Inland Press Association. He advises starting a discussion early with all teams and departments who could be involved in the project, as they can bring their ideas to the table to shape the concept.
Make sure to include your readers in the process too, and take note of what went right and what could be improved next time you work on a similar project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for making the most of social media analytics
- Tip: Learn more about recording equipment by following this audio production guide
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East
- Tip: 6 suggestions for using multimedia tools to cover climate change
- Tip: Bookmark this advice before making a map