Pitching is something we cover often on the Journalism.co.uk website, as you can see here, here, and here, however depending on your specialism, the format and the publication, there may be some extra elements to include in your initial email to an editor other than the core information usually required from a pitch.
In this IJNet article, contributor Clothilde Goujard provides eight pitching tips for photojournalists, crowdsourced from interviews with photo-editors and photojournalists themselves.
The article points out that like with any reporting, photojournalists' technical skills are still second to the characters and stories they are focusing on in their visual story, and that they should consider partnering with writers to increase their chances of getting their idea commissioned.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Use this guide to get started as a freelancer abroad
- Tip: Remember this advice for submitting FOI requests
- Tip: Check out these 8 opportunities for journalists to apply for at the beginning of 2018
- Tip: Here's how to get started with data journalism
- Tip: Remember this advice for setting up a verification workstation