Pitching is something we cover often on the Journalism.co.uk website, as you can see here, here, and here, however depending on your specialism, the format and the publication, there may be some extra elements to include in your initial email to an editor other than the core information usually required from a pitch.
In this IJNet article, contributor Clothilde Goujard provides eight pitching tips for photojournalists, crowdsourced from interviews with photo-editors and photojournalists themselves.
The article points out that like with any reporting, photojournalists' technical skills are still second to the characters and stories they are focusing on in their visual story, and that they should consider partnering with writers to increase their chances of getting their idea commissioned.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects