There is no playbook for newsroom innovation, however there are many articles from organisations including Journalism.co.uk that cover changes in the media industry and provide tips and lessons that can be used as a starting point.
The American Press Institute has launched a collection of best practices in digital journalism, called Better News, combining existing case studies from around the web with new research.
You can dig deeper into the big picture around initiatives such as email newsletters, podcasts and shaping staff roles in the newsroom, and the website also offers advice on how to execute these projects.
Free daily newsletter
- Catch up on newsrewired, our 22nd digital journalism conference
- BBC launches weekly news programme to give young people in Africa a voice
- 7 tips for securing funding from Google’s Digital News Initiative
- Tip: A step-by-step guide to creating immersive storytelling experiences
- Tip: How to handle big projects in a small, local newsroom