There is no playbook for newsroom innovation, however there are many articles from organisations including Journalism.co.uk that cover changes in the media industry and provide tips and lessons that can be used as a starting point.
The American Press Institute has launched a collection of best practices in digital journalism, called Better News, combining existing case studies from around the web with new research.
You can dig deeper into the big picture around initiatives such as email newsletters, podcasts and shaping staff roles in the newsroom, and the website also offers advice on how to execute these projects.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to stay safe when covering elections and civil unrest
- Google awards €20.4m to media projects in Europe as part of the fourth round of its Digital News Initiative
- Tip: 5 key aspects of video production to share with your newsroom
- Tip: How freelancers can collect late payments
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects