There is no playbook for newsroom innovation, however there are many articles from organisations including Journalism.co.uk that cover changes in the media industry and provide tips and lessons that can be used as a starting point.
The American Press Institute has launched a collection of best practices in digital journalism, called Better News, combining existing case studies from around the web with new research.
You can dig deeper into the big picture around initiatives such as email newsletters, podcasts and shaping staff roles in the newsroom, and the website also offers advice on how to execute these projects.
Free daily newsletter
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom
- 'You need to foster belonging, not exclusivity': Membership lessons from De Correspondent
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018
- Tip: Bookmark these ways to be diverse and inclusive in your reporting