There is no playbook for newsroom innovation, however there are many articles from organisations including Journalism.co.uk that cover changes in the media industry and provide tips and lessons that can be used as a starting point.
The American Press Institute has launched a collection of best practices in digital journalism, called Better News, combining existing case studies from around the web with new research.
You can dig deeper into the big picture around initiatives such as email newsletters, podcasts and shaping staff roles in the newsroom, and the website also offers advice on how to execute these projects.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here’s how to better share analytics with your team
- Prothom Alo is building the largest mobile journalism network in Bangladesh
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Media's focus on technology tends to be short-term, shows survey
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms