With a network of more than 600 members, including journalists, technologists and members of the public, the Bureau Local's investigative work is focused on collaboration and knowledge-sharing, through hack days and other community initiatives.
The team has put together a list of 59 tools and resources for investigative journalists looking to collaborate on projects, from data journalism dictionaries and crowdfunding guides to sources for finding open data.
Some of the resources mentioned in the spreadsheet include collaborative journalism platforms such as Project Facet and Stansa; open data tools from Open Knowledge Foundation; a scraper for pulling tables out of PDF documents; and a guide to using the OpenCorporates database.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 12 tools for reporting on hurricanes and other disasters
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children
- Tip: how to correctly report on hurricanes