Facebook reported hitting eight billion video views per day, prompting news organisations to constantly try new ways to create engaging short-form content that works well on mobile devices.
Randy Abramson, director of audio and video, Office of Digital and Design Innovation, has compiled a selection of videos from around the web in which publishers have used different techniques to capture the attention of their audience.
He has described why each of them is eye-catching, and what other news organisations looking to improve their video content can learn from each example.
Using facts, figures and tweets, asking questions to get attention, and showing something amazing immediately are just a few of the tips in his article.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Learn how to restrict your internet access to focus on writing
- How publishers can get their community back from social media
- Highlight your expertise and be there to listen: The dos and don'ts of building trust with readers on Facebook
- Lead Stories is debunking misinformation starting to trend on social media
- The 10 steps of Correio's digital transformation