Facebook reported hitting eight billion video views per day, prompting news organisations to constantly try new ways to create engaging short-form content that works well on mobile devices.
Randy Abramson, director of audio and video, Office of Digital and Design Innovation, has compiled a selection of videos from around the web in which publishers have used different techniques to capture the attention of their audience.
He has described why each of them is eye-catching, and what other news organisations looking to improve their video content can learn from each example.
Using facts, figures and tweets, asking questions to get attention, and showing something amazing immediately are just a few of the tips in his article.
Free daily newsletter
- How to take a 360-degree photo within your Facebook app
- How NowThis coordinated social media and field reporting to safely cover a week-long protest
- Advice from Facebook for reaching wider audiences after the latest newsfeed updates
- App for journalists: Adobe Spark Video, for creating social videos on the go
- From podcasts to chat bots: Engagement experiments at Harvard Business Review