Facebook reported hitting eight billion video views per day, prompting news organisations to constantly try new ways to create engaging short-form content that works well on mobile devices.
Randy Abramson, director of audio and video, Office of Digital and Design Innovation, has compiled a selection of videos from around the web in which publishers have used different techniques to capture the attention of their audience.
He has described why each of them is eye-catching, and what other news organisations looking to improve their video content can learn from each example.
Using facts, figures and tweets, asking questions to get attention, and showing something amazing immediately are just a few of the tips in his article.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of these live video lessons from Le Figaro
- Tip: How to keep your Twitter profile out of trouble
- Tip: Check out this list of tools for creating social media posts
- App for journalists: Tailor, for stitching your iPhone's screenshots together
- Why Vox has been crowdsourcing for its latest international documentary series