Facebook reported hitting eight billion video views per day, prompting news organisations to constantly try new ways to create engaging short-form content that works well on mobile devices.
Randy Abramson, director of audio and video, Office of Digital and Design Innovation, has compiled a selection of videos from around the web in which publishers have used different techniques to capture the attention of their audience.
He has described why each of them is eye-catching, and what other news organisations looking to improve their video content can learn from each example.
Using facts, figures and tweets, asking questions to get attention, and showing something amazing immediately are just a few of the tips in his article.
Free daily newsletter
- Reuters Institute's Digital News Report finds a decline in social media usage for news for the first time in seven years
- 'This is about the death of the newsfeed': Stories may soon become the core of social media
- App for journalists: Google Photos, for editing social videos on the go
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- How to take a 360-degree photo within your Facebook app