Facebook reported hitting eight billion video views per day, prompting news organisations to constantly try new ways to create engaging short-form content that works well on mobile devices.
Randy Abramson, director of audio and video, Office of Digital and Design Innovation, has compiled a selection of videos from around the web in which publishers have used different techniques to capture the attention of their audience.
He has described why each of them is eye-catching, and what other news organisations looking to improve their video content can learn from each example.
Using facts, figures and tweets, asking questions to get attention, and showing something amazing immediately are just a few of the tips in his article.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with Periscope
- Collaboration in the newsroom is key to The Economist's success on social media
- 5 ways to get more people to tune in to your Facebook Live videos
- WATCH: Audience engagement tips from Kristen Taylor, former community editor at Serial Season 2
- Information security for journalists: Protecting your data and sources online