A programmer and blogger known online as Eevee has compiled an unofficial manual for using Twitter, explaining how the basic features work on the platform.
Eevee also provides some tips for making the most of the 140 characters you have – for example, including an image or video in your tweet will take up 24 characters because they come with a link, but a poll takes up the same amount of space even if it doesn't have a link attached.
Another useful tip is searching for 'twitter.com/username/status' on the platform to find out who has quoted your or another user's tweets.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to conquer emails and get more work done
- Tip: Check out this list of free digital resources for newsrooms of any size
- Tip: Bookmark this advice to improve your writing
- Tip: Check out this advice for organising a journalism conference
- Tip: Bookmark this list of media outlets freelancers can pitch to