A programmer and blogger known online as Eevee has compiled an unofficial manual for using Twitter, explaining how the basic features work on the platform.
Eevee also provides some tips for making the most of the 140 characters you have – for example, including an image or video in your tweet will take up 24 characters because they come with a link, but a poll takes up the same amount of space even if it doesn't have a link attached.
Another useful tip is searching for 'twitter.com/username/status' on the platform to find out who has quoted your or another user's tweets.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for writing a great column
- Tip: Check out this guide for virtual reality storytelling
- Tip: Check out this advice for building a mobile journalism starter kit
- Mobile journalism mistakes to avoid
- Tip: Remember this photojournalism advice for following up on the aftermaths of protests