A programmer and blogger known online as Eevee has compiled an unofficial manual for using Twitter, explaining how the basic features work on the platform.
Eevee also provides some tips for making the most of the 140 characters you have – for example, including an image or video in your tweet will take up 24 characters because they come with a link, but a poll takes up the same amount of space even if it doesn't have a link attached.
Another useful tip is searching for 'twitter.com/username/status' on the platform to find out who has quoted your or another user's tweets.
Free daily newsletter
- New guide to fake news aims to help the public understand how these stories circulate online
- Tool for journalists: Trends24, for monitoring popular topics on Twitter
- Tip: Advice for managing your news organisation's Twitter account
- Tip: Follow this Twitter list for journalism students
- Advice from 10 news organisations to help you tailor your story pitches