A programmer and blogger known online as Eevee has compiled an unofficial manual for using Twitter, explaining how the basic features work on the platform.
Eevee also provides some tips for making the most of the 140 characters you have – for example, including an image or video in your tweet will take up 24 characters because they come with a link, but a poll takes up the same amount of space even if it doesn't have a link attached.
Another useful tip is searching for 'twitter.com/username/status' on the platform to find out who has quoted your or another user's tweets.
Free daily newsletter
- With its new project Hertz, Prisa Radio wants to make audio more discoverable online
- UK news brands are often ignored or misremembered when accessed via search or social media, study finds
- Landing your dream internship: 3 tips from WSJ’s Ryan Knutson
- Advice for young journalists from Martin Baron, executive editor, The Washington Post
- Advice from 18 news organisations to help you tailor your story pitches