A programmer and blogger known online as Eevee has compiled an unofficial manual for using Twitter, explaining how the basic features work on the platform.
Eevee also provides some tips for making the most of the 140 characters you have – for example, including an image or video in your tweet will take up 24 characters because they come with a link, but a poll takes up the same amount of space even if it doesn't have a link attached.
Another useful tip is searching for 'twitter.com/username/status' on the platform to find out who has quoted your or another user's tweets.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these alternative metrics for measuring engagement
- Tip: Remember this advice for taking pictures in low light
- Tip: Check out this guide to determine when to share articles on social media
- Practise, know the limits, and more tips for taking better photos with your phone
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for selling your stories to editors