As more interviews and conversations between reporters and sources are happening online, ensuring your discussion remains private is key, particularly for sensitive, investigative projects.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation partnered with ProPublica and the Princeton Center for Information Technology Policy to put together this "secure messaging scorecard" looking at how private chat apps really are.
Check it out to see how your preferred method of online messaging has scored, and to find an alternative if it looks like it could let you down.
Free daily newsletter
- Bellingcat launches investigative podcast about the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash
- Call for Views: UK media invited to shape code of practice on data protection in journalism
- Tip: Take note of these digital security tips every journalist needs to know
- German publishers are concerned the EU's ePrivacy Regulation is putting their digital advertising revenue at risk, study finds
- Tip: Use these tools to keep your sources and digital work safe