Whether you are currently studying journalism, just got your first job, or have been active in the industry for a while, it's important to understand how the media landscape is changing, and which technologies and trends are shaping this process.
As part of the Studio 20 programme on digital journalism at New York University, students put together News Literacy 2017, a website highlighting a summary of their learnings about the digital media landscape.
It features useful reports on the role of drones in journalism, for example, as well as insights into artificial intelligence, metrics, and virtual reality.
If you are not sure which technologies might shape your job in the near future, read through and bookmark this site.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story