Whether you are currently studying journalism, just got your first job, or have been active in the industry for a while, it's important to understand how the media landscape is changing, and which technologies and trends are shaping this process.
As part of the Studio 20 programme on digital journalism at New York University, students put together News Literacy 2017, a website highlighting a summary of their learnings about the digital media landscape.
It features useful reports on the role of drones in journalism, for example, as well as insights into artificial intelligence, metrics, and virtual reality.
If you are not sure which technologies might shape your job in the near future, read through and bookmark this site.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Learn how to restrict your internet access to focus on writing
- Norwegian weekly newspaper Kommunal Rapport uses data journalism to build its digital presence
- Tip: Follow these 10 steps when fact-checking a politician's claims
- How publishers can get their community back from social media
- Tip: Try out these tools to help you write and edit your stories