Whether you are currently studying journalism, just got your first job, or have been active in the industry for a while, it's important to understand how the media landscape is changing, and which technologies and trends are shaping this process.
As part of the Studio 20 programme on digital journalism at New York University, students put together News Literacy 2017, a website highlighting a summary of their learnings about the digital media landscape.
It features useful reports on the role of drones in journalism, for example, as well as insights into artificial intelligence, metrics, and virtual reality.
If you are not sure which technologies might shape your job in the near future, read through and bookmark this site.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets
- Tip: Check out these apps to enhance your mobile storytelling
- Tip: Check out this guide for getting started with investigative data journalism
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for pitching feature articles
- Tip: How journalists can find and visualise sports data