The smartphone is one of the best tools a reporter can have on assignment – it can record both video and audio, it can take great photos with the right technique, and it can be used to edit and publish material for your organisation’s website or social media.
Check out these five apps recommended by IJNet to start 2018 with a more efficient workflow – from transcribing to taking better photos with your phone.
The article includes an app that can transcribe interviews in over a hundred languages, and one that can send you reminders about following up on emails or unsubscribing from old mailing lists to help you manage your inbox.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 12 tools for reporting on hurricanes and other disasters
- Tip: Looking to teach journalism online? Check out this advice
- Tip: Speed up your workflow with the ultimate cheatsheet for Wordpress keyboard shortcuts
- Tip: Use this advice for interviewing children
- Tip: how to correctly report on hurricanes