The smartphone is one of the best tools a reporter can have on assignment – it can record both video and audio, it can take great photos with the right technique, and it can be used to edit and publish material for your organisation’s website or social media.
Check out these five apps recommended by IJNet to start 2018 with a more efficient workflow – from transcribing to taking better photos with your phone.
The article includes an app that can transcribe interviews in over a hundred languages, and one that can send you reminders about following up on emails or unsubscribing from old mailing lists to help you manage your inbox.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- App for journalists: Vlogit, for producing eye-catching social videos