The smartphone is one of the best tools a reporter can have on assignment – it can record both video and audio, it can take great photos with the right technique, and it can be used to edit and publish material for your organisation’s website or social media.
Check out these five apps recommended by IJNet to start 2018 with a more efficient workflow – from transcribing to taking better photos with your phone.
The article includes an app that can transcribe interviews in over a hundred languages, and one that can send you reminders about following up on emails or unsubscribing from old mailing lists to help you manage your inbox.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Filming on a smartphone? Here's some key advice from the BBC
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018
- 5 iOS apps for creative mobile storytelling
- Tip: Bookmark these ways to be diverse and inclusive in your reporting