The smartphone is one of the best tools a reporter can have on assignment – it can record both video and audio, it can take great photos with the right technique, and it can be used to edit and publish material for your organisation’s website or social media.
Check out these five apps recommended by IJNet to start 2018 with a more efficient workflow – from transcribing to taking better photos with your phone.
The article includes an app that can transcribe interviews in over a hundred languages, and one that can send you reminders about following up on emails or unsubscribing from old mailing lists to help you manage your inbox.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of these digital security tips every journalist needs to know
- Tip: Get to grips with bots, botnets and trolls
- Tip: Six questions to ask (and answer) before launching a membership programme
- Tip: How to report on mass shootings
- Seven tips for better reporting on opinion polls and surveys