Some of them, such as QuickType, are already getting a lot of attention, but this article on Lifehacker rounds up 50 (yes, 50) of the "smaller yet significant" updates on the new software.
Scroll though to find out about improvements to predictive text, battery life, and the camera function.
If you haven't yet updated your software to iOS 8, make sure you back up your iPhone or iPad before you do so, to avoid potentially losing any of the content already on your device.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: What the latest iOS update means for journalists
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom