The to-do list of many reporters now includes producing videos, audio clips and taking photos from the scene of the story, and thankfully there are some apps that can help you work more efficiently.
If you like to experiment with various apps and audio is your jam, have a look at these recommendations from Paul Bradshaw, who runs the MA in Multiplatform and Mobile Journalism at Birmingham City University.
Among other suggestions, Bradshaw highlights the app Clyp as a good solution for those on the go, as it enables users to record without an account, as well as trim the clips before sharing to social media.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- No filter: The importance of light when you're taking photos with your smartphone
- 'The ability to adapt a tool is more important than the ability to use it': Making open source sustainable
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Today, Explained: A look at Vox's daily news explainer podcast