The to-do list of many reporters now includes producing videos, audio clips and taking photos from the scene of the story, and thankfully there are some apps that can help you work more efficiently.
If you like to experiment with various apps and audio is your jam, have a look at these recommendations from Paul Bradshaw, who runs the MA in Multiplatform and Mobile Journalism at Birmingham City University.
Among other suggestions, Bradshaw highlights the app Clyp as a good solution for those on the go, as it enables users to record without an account, as well as trim the clips before sharing to social media.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Speakers from Quartz and NOA join newsrewired in March to discuss news on voice devices