Kramer, digital strategist at the outlet, put together this post featuring some of her highlights from the event on the NPR Social Media Desk blog.
It includes links to projects that the BBC and the New York Times are currently working on around archiving and crowdsourcing, as well as tips for useful journalism tools.
One interesting tool is HearUsHere, an audio platform which uses GPS coordinates to place audio at specific locations
Kramer also flags up a few projects inspired by MozFest that she might be interested in making with a little dev help, such as "several bot ideas that would be useful for a newsroom".
The Mozilla Festival took place in London from October 24 to 26.
Free daily newsletter
- Advice from 18 news organisations to help you tailor your story pitches
- Tip: Here's how to keep photo captions simple yet informative
- Tip: Four steps to make audio clips on Facebook more engaging
- Tip: Here's how to identify and fix issues when working with audio
- A snapshot of news organisations' reporting on US election day