We know that for an effective social media strategy, brands must know their audience – the more detail, the better. What are their interests and dislikes? What age are they? Where do they live? What are their engagement habits on social? These are just some of the questions that companies should ask themselves about their social audience.
If it all seems a bit overwhelming, and you need some help figuring out who's engaging with your posts on social media, look no further. Get to grips with these free tools on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn, which will give you insights into demographics, locations, lifestyle and more.
In the article, Alfred Lua from Buffer Social explains how to use the hidden tools on social media step-by-step, and why it is important to compare results from the different platforms in order to form a more effective social media strategy.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to help create more diversity in photojournalism
- Tip: Take note of this advice for being more productive
- Tip: How to tell if that account tweeting at you is likely to be a bot
- Tip: Check out these books on journalism and writing
- Tip: Check out this tool to communicate with eyewitnesses in times of crisis