Instagram is a fantastic tool that enables journalists to showcase some of their most striking pictures, but how can we best use the in-app editing tools to enhance our work?
There are many other apps that allow us to add filters and play around with the colour of images, but Instagram itself offers an impressive selection that is worth exploring.
Check out this article from Kim Garrison on the PR Newswire for Journalists blog, who gives seven pieces of advice for reporters editing photos in the Instagram app, from using the filters to changing the brightness, contrast and warmth of a shot.
Harrington also advises users to save the posts they have heavily edited in drafts, to be able to look at them later with a fresh eye, as the audience would.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story
- Tip: Here's how journalists can protect their work online