Instagram is a fantastic tool that enables journalists to showcase some of their most striking pictures, but how can we best use the in-app editing tools to enhance our work?
There are many other apps that allow us to add filters and play around with the colour of images, but Instagram itself offers an impressive selection that is worth exploring.
Check out this article from Kim Garrison on the PR Newswire for Journalists blog, who gives seven pieces of advice for reporters editing photos in the Instagram app, from using the filters to changing the brightness, contrast and warmth of a shot.
Harrington also advises users to save the posts they have heavily edited in drafts, to be able to look at them later with a fresh eye, as the audience would.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets