Looking to launch a media startup?
Check out this advice from Digiday's weekly podcast, which discusses the business of digital media. In this article, James Breiner summarises main takeaways from two recent interviews with founders of startups who shared nuggets of wisdom applicable to anyone looking to do the same.
Digiday's editor-in-chief, Brian Morrissey, interviewed The Business of Fashion's Imran Amed about its move to a subscription model, and the founders of TheSkimm, Carly Zakin and Michelle Weisberg, about how they used email to build a loyal community.
From the passion they have for their topic, to the importance of building a community first, the article highlights the important points needed to get started, alongside case studies from their own experiences.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Starting your undergraduate journalism degree? Take note of this advice
- Tip: How to get your freelance career off to the best start
- Tip: Just starting out? Take note of this advice for the basics of writing good content
- 10 portfolio and publishing platforms for freelancers
- Tip: Advice for tackling gender imbalance in news media