Looking to launch a media startup?
Check out this advice from Digiday's weekly podcast, which discusses the business of digital media. In this article, James Breiner summarises main takeaways from two recent interviews with founders of startups who shared nuggets of wisdom applicable to anyone looking to do the same.
Digiday's editor-in-chief, Brian Morrissey, interviewed The Business of Fashion's Imran Amed about its move to a subscription model, and the founders of TheSkimm, Carly Zakin and Michelle Weisberg, about how they used email to build a loyal community.
From the passion they have for their topic, to the importance of building a community first, the article highlights the important points needed to get started, alongside case studies from their own experiences.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Why regular newsroom training is key, even when times are tough
- 'Human connection is key': The importance of building trust in street portrait photography
- ‘Cut out the rubbish and cut to the chase’: Making a news podcast? Here’s how to improve it
- Tip: Starting your undergraduate journalism degree? Take note of this advice
- Tip: How to get your freelance career off to the best start