"Everyone makes mistakes as a reporter. Not everyone admits them, and not everyone learns from them," says Neal Augenstein, radio reporter at WTOP-FM in Washington, D.C.
Augenstein, together with three other experienced journalists, shared some of the mistakes they've made in their reporting and what lessons they've learned from them, for this piece by Clothilde Goujard on IJNet.
While ensuring no factual mistakes are made is top of the list for most journalists, this article also brings out issues related to stress, story sourcing and equipment.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story