"Everyone makes mistakes as a reporter. Not everyone admits them, and not everyone learns from them," says Neal Augenstein, radio reporter at WTOP-FM in Washington, D.C.
Augenstein, together with three other experienced journalists, shared some of the mistakes they've made in their reporting and what lessons they've learned from them, for this piece by Clothilde Goujard on IJNet.
While ensuring no factual mistakes are made is top of the list for most journalists, this article also brings out issues related to stress, story sourcing and equipment.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for writing stronger headlines
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- No filter: The importance of light when you're taking photos with your smartphone
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth