"Everyone makes mistakes as a reporter. Not everyone admits them, and not everyone learns from them," says Neal Augenstein, radio reporter at WTOP-FM in Washington, D.C.
Augenstein, together with three other experienced journalists, shared some of the mistakes they've made in their reporting and what lessons they've learned from them, for this piece by Clothilde Goujard on IJNet.
While ensuring no factual mistakes are made is top of the list for most journalists, this article also brings out issues related to stress, story sourcing and equipment.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this list of newsletters about data journalism
- Tip: Use this search engine for US public records
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for local newsrooms to keep up with digital practices
- Tip: Remember these guidelines for good data journalism
- Tip: Check out this list of tools for creating social media posts