Film-maker and photographer Bob Sacha highlighted the elements that make a multimedia story come together in a recent Medium post, after watching dozens of good but not necessarily share-worthy productions.
He points out the importance of great ambient sound and audio mixing to any story, as well as the trap of starting off with background information instead of the most compelling facts.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how to use ScribbleLive to cover live events
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for rounding off numbers in articles
- Tip: Here's how to convey your message effectively in broadcast interviews
- Tip: Remember this coping advice for journalists covering tough stories
- Tip: Here's how to get your audience involved in crowdsourcing projects