Film-maker and photographer Bob Sacha highlighted the elements that make a multimedia story come together in a recent Medium post, after watching dozens of good but not necessarily share-worthy productions.
He points out the importance of great ambient sound and audio mixing to any story, as well as the trap of starting off with background information instead of the most compelling facts.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media
- Tip: Remember this guide for investigative web research
- Tip: Check out this advice for reporting on Islam in Europe and US
- Tip: 4 lists you should make before starting an investigative reporting project