Film-maker and photographer Bob Sacha highlighted the elements that make a multimedia story come together in a recent Medium post, after watching dozens of good but not necessarily share-worthy productions.
He points out the importance of great ambient sound and audio mixing to any story, as well as the trap of starting off with background information instead of the most compelling facts.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this guide to creating documentation for staff changes in newsrooms
- Tip: Follow this advice to get more out of your weekly newsroom meeting
- Tip: Bookmark this online privacy resource for journalists
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for sticking to the word count
- Tip: Here's how to share 360-degree photos on Twitter