Film-maker and photographer Bob Sacha highlighted the elements that make a multimedia story come together in a recent Medium post, after watching dozens of good but not necessarily share-worthy productions.
He points out the importance of great ambient sound and audio mixing to any story, as well as the trap of starting off with background information instead of the most compelling facts.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects
- Tip: How to make the most of editorial newsletters
- Tip: Remember these recommendations for foreign correspondents
- Tip: Advice for journalists using Instagram Stories
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects