Film-maker and photographer Bob Sacha highlighted the elements that make a multimedia story come together in a recent Medium post, after watching dozens of good but not necessarily share-worthy productions.
He points out the importance of great ambient sound and audio mixing to any story, as well as the trap of starting off with background information instead of the most compelling facts.
Free daily newsletter
- Be flexible and don't sensationalise: Advice for reporting on violence against women
- Tip: Up your newsroom's video output with these format ideas
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for using 360-degree video in stories
- Tip: How to write strong headlines for your stories
- Tip: Check out this advice for improving the reach of your podcast