Encrypting your activity online can sound like a daunting task, especially for journalists with no experience of digital security. But there are some steps you can take right now to secure your accounts and encrypt your communication.
In his blog post "How to encrypt your entire life in less than an hour", Quincy Larson, teacher at Free Code Camp, outlines some of the simple things you can do to be more protected from attackers.
His tips include using the Tor browser for anonymity online, encrypting your hard drive, and using two-factor authentication for your email.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of these digital security tips every journalist needs to know
- Tip: Get to grips with bots, botnets and trolls
- Tip: Six questions to ask (and answer) before launching a membership programme
- Tip: How to report on mass shootings
- Seven tips for better reporting on opinion polls and surveys