Encrypting your activity online can sound like a daunting task, especially for journalists with no experience of digital security. But there are some steps you can take right now to secure your accounts and encrypt your communication.
In his blog post "How to encrypt your entire life in less than an hour", Quincy Larson, teacher at Free Code Camp, outlines some of the simple things you can do to be more protected from attackers.
His tips include using the Tor browser for anonymity online, encrypting your hard drive, and using two-factor authentication for your email.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story