Encrypting your activity online can sound like a daunting task, especially for journalists with no experience of digital security. But there are some steps you can take right now to secure your accounts and encrypt your communication.
In his blog post "How to encrypt your entire life in less than an hour", Quincy Larson, teacher at Free Code Camp, outlines some of the simple things you can do to be more protected from attackers.
His tips include using the Tor browser for anonymity online, encrypting your hard drive, and using two-factor authentication for your email.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to get the most out of your smartphone camera when taking pictures at night
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media
- Tip: Remember this guide for investigative web research
- Tip: Check out this advice for reporting on Islam in Europe and US