Encrypting your activity online can sound like a daunting task, especially for journalists with no experience of digital security. But there are some steps you can take right now to secure your accounts and encrypt your communication.
In his blog post "How to encrypt your entire life in less than an hour", Quincy Larson, teacher at Free Code Camp, outlines some of the simple things you can do to be more protected from attackers.
His tips include using the Tor browser for anonymity online, encrypting your hard drive, and using two-factor authentication for your email.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects