ICFJ Knight International Journalism Fellows regularly develop web tools and mobile apps to help journalists across the world do their jobs better, whether that's ensuring they are aware of privacy issues and how to fix them, or putting together databases on specific topics.
Their latest list of free tools to help newsrooms, collated in this IJNet post by Sara Olstad, programme officer for Knight International Journalism Fellowships, includes Digital Fridays, a guide for setting up weekly digital training sessions in your newsroom, and Push, an app that helps outlets without mobile apps distribute news to their audience.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Discover your first podcast
- Call for Views: UK media invited to shape code of practice on data protection in journalism
- Facial recognition, subtitling automation and datasets: how Sky News uses AI to unburden journalists
- Tip: How to pitch stories to B2B publications
- Tip: Discover your next interviewee