Looking for some new tools to help improve your storytelling in 2018?
Poynter's Ren LaForme, who has been running the 'Try this! – Tools for journalism' newsletter throughout 2017 to provide inspiration, tutorials and recommendations for reporters, has rounded up some of the most popular tools of the year, based on readers' feedback.
LaForme's list includes: Microsoft Sway, a platform for telling interactive stories without learning how to code; the FT's IKEA-inspired toolkit, which can guide you through producing special or larger editorial projects in the newsroom; WNYC's Audiogram tool for sharing audio and podcasts on social media; and Quartz's Atlas, for creating charts and graphs.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom