Looking for some new tools to help improve your storytelling in 2018?
Poynter's Ren LaForme, who has been running the 'Try this! – Tools for journalism' newsletter throughout 2017 to provide inspiration, tutorials and recommendations for reporters, has rounded up some of the most popular tools of the year, based on readers' feedback.
LaForme's list includes: Microsoft Sway, a platform for telling interactive stories without learning how to code; the FT's IKEA-inspired toolkit, which can guide you through producing special or larger editorial projects in the newsroom; WNYC's Audiogram tool for sharing audio and podcasts on social media; and Quartz's Atlas, for creating charts and graphs.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: A step-by-step guide to creating immersive storytelling experiences
- BBC virtual experiments, Tweetdeck & new podcasts: Here's your weekly journalism news update
- Tip: How to handle big projects in a small, local newsroom
- 5 free data visualisation tools for beginners
- Tip: 3 ways to make your voice sound better on air