Every time journalists write and publish a story or a project, the work doesn't stop there – they usually also have to think about how to distribute it on social media.
Check out this list of 19 tools for creating videos, GIFs, infographics and other multimedia elements for social platforms that will complement your story.
The collection, put together by Alfred Lua on the Buffer blog, includes tools such as Lumen, which turns blog posts into videos, and Animaker, for video explainers. And if you focus on data reporting, consider using Piktochart and Infogram to share information through maps and infographics.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- App for journalists: Google Photos, for editing social videos on the go
- Tip: Teaching journalism? Bookmark this advice for teaching news writing online
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth