Tailoring a video for multiple social platforms can be tough, because you have to adapt it for what's trending in that space, to the time of day and to the style of the platform.
For example Sakhar Al-Makhadhi, Middle East editor for AJ+, suggests starting the clip with a powerful shot, which will encourage viewers to keep watching.
Al-Makhadhi also points out that commenting on your own videos after posting them helps, as you recommend viewers similar stories or link out to an article that adds context to what they have already watched.
Free daily newsletter
- 4 tips from LBC to make audio more engaging on social media
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for making the most of social media analytics
- Tip: Learn more about recording equipment by following this audio production guide
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East
- Tip: Advice for planning large editorial projects with fewer resources