Tailoring a video for multiple social platforms can be tough, because you have to adapt it for what's trending in that space, to the time of day and to the style of the platform.
For example Sakhar Al-Makhadhi, Middle East editor for AJ+, suggests starting the clip with a powerful shot, which will encourage viewers to keep watching.
Al-Makhadhi also points out that commenting on your own videos after posting them helps, as you recommend viewers similar stories or link out to an article that adds context to what they have already watched.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets
- Tip: Check out these apps to enhance your mobile storytelling
- Tip: Check out this guide for getting started with investigative data journalism
- Tip: Bookmark this advice for pitching feature articles
- Speakers from CNN and Reuters to share insights at newsrewired, 7 March