Tailoring a video for multiple social platforms can be tough, because you have to adapt it for what's trending in that space, to the time of day and to the style of the platform.
For example Sakhar Al-Makhadhi, Middle East editor for AJ+, suggests starting the clip with a powerful shot, which will encourage viewers to keep watching.
Al-Makhadhi also points out that commenting on your own videos after posting them helps, as you recommend viewers similar stories or link out to an article that adds context to what they have already watched.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story