Tailoring a video for multiple social platforms can be tough, because you have to adapt it for what's trending in that space, to the time of day and to the style of the platform.
For example Sakhar Al-Makhadhi, Middle East editor for AJ+, suggests starting the clip with a powerful shot, which will encourage viewers to keep watching.
Al-Makhadhi also points out that commenting on your own videos after posting them helps, as you recommend viewers similar stories or link out to an article that adds context to what they have already watched.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to get the most out of your smartphone camera when taking pictures at night
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media
- Tip: 3 ways to make your headlines stand out on social media
- Tip: Remember this guide for investigative web research
- Tip: Check out this advice for reporting on Islam in Europe and US