Tailoring a video for multiple social platforms can be tough, because you have to adapt it for what's trending in that space, to the time of day and to the style of the platform.
For example Sakhar Al-Makhadhi, Middle East editor for AJ+, suggests starting the clip with a powerful shot, which will encourage viewers to keep watching.
Al-Makhadhi also points out that commenting on your own videos after posting them helps, as you recommend viewers similar stories or link out to an article that adds context to what they have already watched.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects