360-degree video enables journalists to experiment with immersive technology without the budget or technical constraints of virtual reality, but what equipment do you need to get started?
Lajara goes through the 360-degree cameras he takes with him out in the field, as well as additional accessories such as mounts and portable batteries, but he makes sure to point out that it's important to "bring the right equipment for your story".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- The Guardian Mobile Innovation Lab is working to elevate podcasts with a new player for the mobile web
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018
- Tip: Bookmark these ways to be diverse and inclusive in your reporting