360-degree video enables journalists to experiment with immersive technology without the budget or technical constraints of virtual reality, but what equipment do you need to get started?
Lajara goes through the 360-degree cameras he takes with him out in the field, as well as additional accessories such as mounts and portable batteries, but he makes sure to point out that it's important to "bring the right equipment for your story".
Free daily newsletter
- '20xx: The year of VR?': Why publishers should still pay attention to 360-degree video
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom