360-degree video enables journalists to experiment with immersive technology without the budget or technical constraints of virtual reality, but what equipment do you need to get started?
Lajara goes through the 360-degree cameras he takes with him out in the field, as well as additional accessories such as mounts and portable batteries, but he makes sure to point out that it's important to "bring the right equipment for your story".
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to stay safe when covering elections and civil unrest
- Tip: 5 key aspects of video production to share with your newsroom
- Tip: How freelancers can collect late payments
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects
- Tip: Advice for transitioning from print to audio reporting