A diversity statement is a public company commitment to making internal and external stakeholders feel included in the work culture and overall vision of the brand.
Doeing starts with advising to capture your mission in an impactful and snappy headline.
"This should be a simple phrase that can be remembered easily throughout your whole organisation and even external stakeholders. These headlines are designed to introduce people to your diversity statement and motivate them to read further," he writes.
Here is an example of a diversity statement from the Sky group, which uses the phrase ‘all in for inclusion’ to encapsulate its three areas of inclusivity: culture, gender and ethnicity.
Free daily newsletter
- How to get your next podcast commissioned
- Weekly journalism news update: citizen journalism, tackling misinformation and Google algorithms
- Tip: Get to grips with cross-border collaborative journalism
- Tip: Catch up with top trends in content marketing
- Robyn Vinter, editor-in-chief at The Overtake on diversity, business growth and investigative journalism for millennials