Most journalists use the internet to find information, connect with sources or browse news content. But how can you be sure the website you are looking at, or that Twitter account you follow, are real?
To avoid using and spreading mis- and disinformation, check out these eight tools to verify validity of your sources and facts found online.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to deal with errors in published stories
- How to get your next podcast commissioned
- Weekly journalism news update: citizen journalism, tackling misinformation and Google algorithms
- Just how effective is YouTube's new fact-checking feature?
- Tip: Get to grips with cross-border collaborative journalism