When compiling an article for your audience, you need to have the right skills to get the story and be prepared for a worst case scenario.
No journalist would be set without a copy of McNae's Essential Law for Journalists, he said.
"We're not suggesting you need to pour over the thing nightly before bed, but it's a genuinely accessible guide to almost any problem you might have in the newsroom."
Free daily newsletter
- How CBC Calgary connects with local communities through mobile journalism 'pop-up bureaus'
- Tip: Discover stories with real impact
- Your comment section is only as good as your editorial strategy
- App for journalists: PhotoGrid, for creating eye-catching images on Instagram
- Tip: How to spot and avoid burnout