Twitter is a key platform for journalists, but keeping up with the conversation and finding it in the first place can be rather daunting if you're new to the social network.
To help student journalists find their footing on Twitter, Sarah Marshall, audience development editor, EMEA, at The Wall Street Journal, and visiting lecturer at City, University of London, published a list of key accounts to follow on her blog.
The list includes media news sites, journalism commentators and academics, digital editors and others on the forefront of digital innovation.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets