Twitter is a key platform for journalists, but keeping up with the conversation and finding it in the first place can be rather daunting if you're new to the social network.
To help student journalists find their footing on Twitter, Sarah Marshall, audience development editor, EMEA, at The Wall Street Journal, and visiting lecturer at City, University of London, published a list of key accounts to follow on her blog.
The list includes media news sites, journalism commentators and academics, digital editors and others on the forefront of digital innovation.
Free daily newsletter
- How The Telegraph is reaching teenagers with news stories on Snapchat Discover
- Tip: A step-by-step guide to creating immersive storytelling experiences
- Using TweetDeck to gather news? Here's how to do it right
- Tip: How to handle big projects in a small, local newsroom
- Reuters Institute's Digital News Report finds a decline in social media usage for news for the first time in seven years