Twitter is a key platform for journalists, but keeping up with the conversation and finding it in the first place can be rather daunting if you're new to the social network.
To help student journalists find their footing on Twitter, Sarah Marshall, audience development editor, EMEA, at The Wall Street Journal, and visiting lecturer at City, University of London, published a list of key accounts to follow on her blog.
The list includes media news sites, journalism commentators and academics, digital editors and others on the forefront of digital innovation.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these recommendations for collaborating on projects
- Tip: Advice for transitioning from print to audio reporting
- Throwback Thursday: Online comments, Twitter for breaking news, and experimenting with voice-to-text
- Tip: Remember these guidelines when applying for a job in journalism
- Tip: Refresh your social media strategy with this advice