We know that the majority of Facebook users view media content on their newsfeed with the sound off, so how can radio producers, podcasts, or news organisations get audiences to engage with audio files?
In this article from NewsWhip, Liam Corcoran, head of communications, NewsWhip, explains how NPR is engaging its Facebook audience with audio.
For example, he notes that a short, snappy introduction and an expressive picture can arouse your follower's curiosity, while audiograms, like this, are great for catching their eye.
Free daily newsletter
- Advice from Facebook for reaching wider audiences after the latest newsfeed updates
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects
- Using its Amplify tool, Reveal sent podcast and radio listeners personalised information via SMS
- Tip: How to make the most of editorial newsletters
- Tip: Remember these recommendations for foreign correspondents