We know that the majority of Facebook users view media content on their newsfeed with the sound off, so how can radio producers, podcasts, or news organisations get audiences to engage with audio files?
In this article from NewsWhip, Liam Corcoran, head of communications, NewsWhip, explains how NPR is engaging its Facebook audience with audio.
For example, he notes that a short, snappy introduction and an expressive picture can arouse your follower's curiosity, while audiograms, like this, are great for catching their eye.
Free daily newsletter
- 4 tips from LBC to make audio more engaging on social media
- Tip: Bookmark this guide for making the most of social media analytics
- Tip: Learn more about recording equipment by following this audio production guide
- Tip: Consider these key points when using social media in the Middle East
- Tip: Advice for planning large editorial projects with fewer resources