We know that the majority of Facebook users view media content on their newsfeed with the sound off, so how can radio producers, podcasts, or news organisations get audiences to engage with audio files?
In this article from NewsWhip, Liam Corcoran, head of communications, NewsWhip, explains how NPR is engaging its Facebook audience with audio.
For example, he notes that a short, snappy introduction and an expressive picture can arouse your follower's curiosity, while audiograms, like this, are great for catching their eye.
Free daily newsletter
- Is media's dependence on Facebook an unavoidable sacrifice on the altar of digital transition?
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- The Trust Project launches transparency standards to help readers identify reliable news sources
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include