We know that the majority of Facebook users view media content on their newsfeed with the sound off, so how can radio producers, podcasts, or news organisations get audiences to engage with audio files?
In this article from NewsWhip, Liam Corcoran, head of communications, NewsWhip, explains how NPR is engaging its Facebook audience with audio.
For example, he notes that a short, snappy introduction and an expressive picture can arouse your follower's curiosity, while audiograms, like this, are great for catching their eye.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for journalists working with coders
- Tip: How to keep up with social media news
- Tip: How to get the most out of your smartphone camera when taking pictures at night
- UK news brands are often ignored or misremembered when accessed via search or social media, study finds
- Tip: How to prevent female reporters from becoming targets of abuse on social media