We know that the majority of Facebook users view media content on their newsfeed with the sound off, so how can radio producers, podcasts, or news organisations get audiences to engage with audio files?
In this article from NewsWhip, Liam Corcoran, head of communications, NewsWhip, explains how NPR is engaging its Facebook audience with audio.
For example, he notes that a short, snappy introduction and an expressive picture can arouse your follower's curiosity, while audiograms, like this, are great for catching their eye.
Free daily newsletter
- Ofcom research reveals lack of diversity in UK radio
- Reuters Institute's Digital News Report finds a decline in social media usage for news for the first time in seven years
- Tip: 3 ways to make your voice sound better on air
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- App for journalists: Google Photos, for editing social videos on the go