We know that the majority of Facebook users view media content on their newsfeed with the sound off, so how can radio producers, podcasts, or news organisations get audiences to engage with audio files?
In this article from NewsWhip, Liam Corcoran, head of communications, NewsWhip, explains how NPR is engaging its Facebook audience with audio.
For example, he notes that a short, snappy introduction and an expressive picture can arouse your follower's curiosity, while audiograms, like this, are great for catching their eye.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets
- Seattle's KUOW is hosting 'Ask A...' conversations to foster empathy and understanding between communities
- Tip: Check out these apps to enhance your mobile storytelling
- Tip: Check out this guide for getting started with investigative data journalism