Twitter recently started allowing users to retweet themselves, and it’s not simply a case of reminiscing on the past – journalists have been resurfacing some of their older tweets to highlight information or articles that their followers may find interesting.
Cigelske recommends two apps in particular – IDoneThis, which adds reminders to important tweets on anniversaries, and Pocket, which enables users to save articles and videos from Twitter. Using Twitter advanced search is also helpful, he suggests, as you can narrow down your search by a number of factors such as the date range and the geolocation.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: A step-by-step guide to creating immersive storytelling experiences
- Using TweetDeck to gather news? Here's how to do it right
- Tip: How to handle big projects in a small, local newsroom
- Getting used to the sound of your own voice: 4 tips for podcasting beginners
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support