Twitter recently started allowing users to retweet themselves, and it’s not simply a case of reminiscing on the past – journalists have been resurfacing some of their older tweets to highlight information or articles that their followers may find interesting.
Cigelske recommends two apps in particular – IDoneThis, which adds reminders to important tweets on anniversaries, and Pocket, which enables users to save articles and videos from Twitter. Using Twitter advanced search is also helpful, he suggests, as you can narrow down your search by a number of factors such as the date range and the geolocation.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these recommendations for creating 360-degree video
- Hey Google, how can publishers engage audiences using voice-activated devices?
- Tip: How to set up a productive dialogue in a podcast without a host
- From podcasts to chat bots: Engagement experiments at Harvard Business Review
- Tip: Advice for setting up new products and projects in the newsroom