Twitter recently started allowing users to retweet themselves, and it’s not simply a case of reminiscing on the past – journalists have been resurfacing some of their older tweets to highlight information or articles that their followers may find interesting.
Cigelske recommends two apps in particular – IDoneThis, which adds reminders to important tweets on anniversaries, and Pocket, which enables users to save articles and videos from Twitter. Using Twitter advanced search is also helpful, he suggests, as you can narrow down your search by a number of factors such as the date range and the geolocation.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here’s how to better share analytics with your team
- Tip: Check out these free tools for mobile audio
- Tip: How to adapt large journalism projects for small newsrooms
- Tip: Check out these multimedia resources from the ONA17 conference
- Tip: Remember this advice for writing strong headlines for social media