"Though online attacks are getting more creative, it’s never been easier to protect yourself. And, as a journalist, it’s your duty to keep your newsroom and sources safe," writes Ren LaForme, digital tools reporter at Poynter.
LaForme has collected various resources that can help journalists stay safe and protect their work online, in this post on Poynter.
His list includes safety and privacy tips from an online session with Google, as well as advice on two-step verification and setting up a virtual private network (VPN) with tools such as TunnelBear.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out this advice for getting started with 360-degree video
- Tip: Remember these pointers for building communities using Facebook groups
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data
- Tip: Advice for making events a part of your newsroom's engagement strategy
- Tip: How to tell stories using small data sets