"Though online attacks are getting more creative, it’s never been easier to protect yourself. And, as a journalist, it’s your duty to keep your newsroom and sources safe," writes Ren LaForme, digital tools reporter at Poynter.
LaForme has collected various resources that can help journalists stay safe and protect their work online, in this post on Poynter.
His list includes safety and privacy tips from an online session with Google, as well as advice on two-step verification and setting up a virtual private network (VPN) with tools such as TunnelBear.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Are you a podcaster? Check out these Facebook groups and podcasts for advice and support
- Tip: Learn the best practices for adding text to social videos
- Tip: How to use SEO tactics to maximise audience growth
- Tip: Check out these recommendations before bringing podcasting into the classroom
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects