"Though online attacks are getting more creative, it’s never been easier to protect yourself. And, as a journalist, it’s your duty to keep your newsroom and sources safe," writes Ren LaForme, digital tools reporter at Poynter.
LaForme has collected various resources that can help journalists stay safe and protect their work online, in this post on Poynter.
His list includes safety and privacy tips from an online session with Google, as well as advice on two-step verification and setting up a virtual private network (VPN) with tools such as TunnelBear.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark these tools to save your digital work
- Tip: Take note of this advice for investigating large data leaks
- Tip: Use this card game to plan which storytelling elements your project should include
- Tip: Check out this advice for editing Instagram images within the app
- Tip: Here are seven questions to ask before choosing comics journalism as a format for your story